The John Buckley Sports Cork City 10 Miler is delighted to be announced as one of the 7 races in the 2020 Kia Race Series.
The John Buckley Sports Cork City 10 Miler will be the first ever of the series to take place in Munster and will be the 7th and final race in the 2020 series building excitement and great interest throughout the year.
Here are our very own St. Finbarr’s AC representatives Pj and Marion with Olympian Fionnuala McCormack at the official launch.
Olympian Fionnuala McCormack is the Ambassador for KIA Race Series 2020.
The KIA Race Series 2020
|Streets of Portlaoise 5k||Mar 17th|
|Streets of Kilkenny 5k||April 09th|
|Bob Heffernan 5k, Enfield||May 19th|
|Dunshaughlin 10k||June 20th|
|Roscommon 10 Mile||July 04th|
|Edenderry 10 Mile||July 19th|
|Cork City 10 Miler||Aug 22nd|
About Kia Race Series
- Elite runners will be invited to each event and will receive complimentary entry.
- There is a guaranteed prize pot of €10,000 on offer.
- Athletes must compete in four out of seven races, with the lowest combined points scores over those 4 races winning the series.
- There is a €1,500 cash prize for the overall male and female series winner.
- There will be €500 course record bonuses on offer for both the male & female course records at every event (7 x €1,000 in bonuses).
- If the course record is not broken at a race, that bonus money rolls over into the overall prize pot. For example, if the Male course record is not broken in Portlaoise, the €500 on offer is added to the €1500 overall cash prize, meaning €2,000 cash is then on offer for the overall series winner (and so on).